Aims of the New Zealand Organ Association
The New Zealand Organ Association (NZOA) has the following aims:
- To promote and foster in New Zealand an interest in and knowledge of organs, organ music, organ building and associated matters.
- To encourage young people and others to become organ students.
- To advance the knowledge of organ students and others by arranging public and other recitals, concerts and master classes and by providing lectures, discussions, conferences and practical sessions on topics of interest to and of value to organists and others.
- To enable organ students and others to develop their skills and widen their knowledge by promoting the exchange of organists within New Zealand and overseas.
- To stimulate public interest in the preservation of New Zealand organs of national or local importance and of organ building records.
- To encourage scholarly research into the organ, its composers, music, history and construction.
- To liaise closely with other musical groups with similar objectives and to encourage the formation and growth of organs societies in New Zealand.